Seed of Chucky
Posted by Darkness on July 4, 2012 (Updated: 08-Nov-2014)
Date Released: November 12, 2004
Directed By: Don Mancini
Written By: Don Mancini
Certificate: US: R, UK: 15
Tagline: Fear the second coming.
Length: 87 Minutes
Box Office: $24,829,644
Brad Dourif … Chucky (voice)
Jennifer Tilly … Tiffany / Herself
Billy Boyd … Glen / Glenda (voice)
Redman … Himself
Hannah Spearritt … Joan
John Waters … Pete Peters
Keith-Lee Castle … Psychs
Steve West … Stan
Tony Gardner … Himself
The killer doll is back! Glen, the orphan doll offspring of the irrepressible devilish-doll-come-to-life Chucky and his equally twisted bride Tiffany. When production starts on a movie detailing the urban legend of his parents’ lethal exploits, Glen heads for Hollywood where he brings his bloodthirsty parents back from the dead. The family dynamics are far from perfect as Chucky and Tiffany go Hollywood and get rolling on a new spree of murderous mayhem; much to gentle Glen’s horror. Chucky can’t believe that his child doesn’t want to walk in his murdering footsteps, and star-struck Tiffany can’t believe that the movie will star her favorite actress, Jennifer Tilly, who soon becomes an unwitting hostess to this new family in more ways than one…
- The script was originally offered to Universal in 1998, who turned it down. Focus Features (a division of Universal Studios) finally picked up the movie in 2003.
- Filmed on the largest soundstage in Romania and the second-largest soundstage in Europe where Cold Mountain was also shot.
- Because Focus Features has a reputation for yielding eloquent, “artsy” independent films, Rogue Pictures was created as an off-shoot to release this movie.
- Jennifer Tilly wanted to lose weight to play herself in the movie, but she and Don Manciniinserted “fat jokes” into the script in case she didn’t make it.
- The TV spots for this movie displays an unusual disclaimer: Britney Spears Does Not Appear In This Movie. This disclaimer was inserted into TV spots because Britney’s management was concerned that people might be lead to believe that Britney actually appears in the movie. It is not her in the movie; but a look-alike.
- The wife of the man Tiffany calls to apologize to is the widow of the cop she killed at the beginning of Bride of Chucky.
- The gender confused child of Chucky and Tiffany is named either Glen or Glenda by his parents. Glen or Glenda was Edward D. Wood Jr.’s film in which Wood himself portrayed the transvestite known as Glen or Glenda.
- When the floor manager at the beginning of the film shouts “Hey, Tiffany’s left arm is loose again” and then the arm grabs his crotch, this is an in-joke as revealed on the DVD commentary for Bride of Chucky. Jennifer Tilly explains that Chucky’s left arm kept grabbing her breasts during shoots.
- The first film to be made by Rogue Pictures.
- As revealed on the DVD’s commentary the directors and producer had difficulty agreeing on the look of Glen. The director wanted to give him his own look and style but the producer felt that he should have features similar to Chucky because after all Glen is his son. As a result Glen was given blue eyes, red hair, and freckles like Chucky. Glen’s blue eyes and red hair however are a different shade than Chucky’s.
- As revealed on the DVD commentary because of the low budget the crew were unable to shoot the much bigger Chucky vs Glen fight that was in the shooting script.
- Chris Sarandon was approached to reprise his role as Det. Mike Norris from the first film, but turned it down due to scheduling conflicts.
[zenphotopress album=13 sort=random number=10]
You can view more Production Stills in the gallery.